I apologize for not posting. I have been busy, and we’ve had lots of visitors and guests.
10. I waited outside the operating room for 15 minutes while they prepped Wendy for surgery before I could come in. It was the longest 15 minutes of my life. Too much time to think!
9. Surgery smells funky.
8. I was not overcome with joy at the sight of Hope. I was too busy thinking about the responsibilities, the bills, her education, her first car, etc.
7. It only took 10 minutes to take out the baby. It took about an hour to put Wendy back together again.
6. The hospital nurses wake you up in the middle of the night more than the baby.
5. Wendy is strong and can do anything.
4. Breastfeeding is not as easy as people make it out to be.
3. I am thrilled to be able to immerse myself in this experience.
2. Our families are wonderful!
1. Hope is beautiful!